Symbiota Fermented Vegetable Kit
Preserve your own vegetables!
Symbiota Fermented Vegetable Kit gives you the opportunity to quickly, safely and easily make probiotic-rich fermented foods at home. Read more
Preserve your own vegetables!
Symbiota Fermented Vegetable Kit gives you the opportunity to quickly, safely and easily make probiotic-rich fermented foods at home.
Fermented foods are important for improving gut health to feel your best. Make yummy fermented vegetables without sugars, vinegar, heat treatments, and nasties. Make your own preserved vegetable loaded with all the nutrition and probiotic bacteria your gut loves!
How do I ferment my own vegetables?
This fermented vegetable kit is ideal for those quicker ferments of approx 2 weeks. On the other hand, longer ferments such as sauerkraut 2+ weeks are better suited to Symbiota ceramic fermentation pots as they provide a more stable environment for bacteria to multiply over longer periods of time.
To ferment your own vegetables, you simply chop up your veg, add them to your preserving jar, add salt and spice (supplied) and non-chlorinated water. Place your airlock lid on your jar to minimize any oxygen and leave to ferment for +-2 weeks at room temperature. The longer you leave your ferment, the tangier it will be.
Why ferment your own vegetables?
- This kit is perfect to get started making your own fermented vegetable or as a healthy gift for anyone keen to improve their health
- Fermented vegetables are high in prebiotic and probiotic bacteria
- Improves digestion
- Improves gut health and immune system support
- Economic way to preserve foods
- Lacto-fermentation creates new flavors
- Rich in nutrients
What does my fermented vegetable kit include?
- 1 Litre Symbiota glass preserving jar and stainless steel closures (no rust stainless steel band and seal)
- 1 Glass fermentation weight
- 1 Silicone one-way air-lock lid for the best results
- 1 Pouch of Himalayan salt to get you started on your first few batches
- 1 Pouch of Symbiota veg spice mix to get you started on your first few batches
- Instructions, recipes and one-to-one support via phone or email.
Free shipping for orders over $150!
Check out our current shipping charges below:
- Auckland (Orewa to Pokeno) - $8
- Auckland Waiheke Island (Waiheke can incur an extra charge for bulky items - our team will get in touch if needed) - $20
- North Island Urban - $9
- North Island Rural - $11
- South Island Urban - $11
- South Island Rural - $16.50
We know there's nothing more exciting than your online order arriving on your doorstep as quickly as possible which is why we try our very best to process all orders on the day they are placed!
While we try to have most products in our store and warehouse at all times if the product is not in stock we will order from our New Zealand-based suppliers. We will contact you to advise you of this and inform you of any delivery delays.
We focus on keeping our product prices as low as possible rather than building shipping costs into the price and then offering "free" shipping on everything. These fees are not about making money but simply recouping the shipping costs particularly for larger items.
Additional charges may also apply to bulky orderthat measure outside the normal courier package parameters. Our friendly customer care team will contact you right away if this is the case.
Although we are a small family owned and run business with finite resources we do try and stock a broad range of products in our store and warehouse. With over 115 brands and 6,000 products sometimes we rely on our supplier partners and their warehouses to access some stock. If we don’t have a product in stock when you order it, we will do everything we can to get it as fast as possible for you.
All of our suppliers (apart from one) are New Zealand based with their own warehouses and we receive deliveries from them a few times a week so if we don’t have it, we will get it quickly. Our team will always reach out to you if it’s not in current stock to ensure you know when it will arrive (mostly within 2-3 days).
Cookware makes returns easy by letting you return your purchase to us within 100 days for a full refund or exchange. All you have to do is get it back to us. Please note that for us to accept a return, the product just needs to be unopened, unused, undamaged and in the original packaging.
If your purchase doesn’t quite meet these requirements, we will contact you right away.