Swissmar Biel 11 Piece Copper Fondue Set
Sometime after World War II, Swiss cooks began cooking meat in hot oil as an alternative to their beloved cheese fondue - a kind of French-fried meat supper. It became known as fondue Bourguignonne because the French-speaking Swiss are descended from the Burgundians. Read more
Sometime after World War II, Swiss cooks began cooking meat in hot oil as an alternative to their beloved cheese fondue - a kind of French-fried meat supper. It became known as fondue Bourguignonne because the French-speaking Swiss are descended from the Burgundians.
Tip: The cooking oil should be heated in the metal fondue pot on top of the kitchen stove. The optimum temperature for frying the meat is 190ºC, although it can be cooked properly down to 182ºF. A deep-frying thermometer is an essential tool for telling when the oil has reached the frying temperature.
- Pot made of 0.8mm thick, 18/8 copper-plated stainless steel
- Tapered opening to keep the heat inside the pot, allowing the oil to remain above 190 degrees Celsius without splattering
- Traditional pot design with hammered mirror finish
- Versatile: also great for one-pot meals such as chilli, hearty soups, Swedish meatballs, hot nacho and veggie dips
- Fire Gel sold separately
- Pot: 0.8mm thickness, 18/8 copper-plated stainless-steel pot, mirror-finish, 6"/15.24 cm diameter, 2 L / 2.11 qt capacity
- Copper-plated spatter guard (for meat fondue)
- 6 black-handled forks with coloured tips
- 18/8 copper-plated stainless-steel burner
- Black chrome-plated / stainless steel rechaud and base plate
Free shipping for orders over $150!
Check out our current shipping charges below:
Auckland (Orewa to Pokeno) - $7 (please note Waiheke Island will incur an additional charge depending on the size of the items - our customer care team will be in touch with details)
North Island Urban - $8
North Island Rural - $10
South Island Urban - $10
South Island Rural - $15
We know there's nothing more exciting than your online order arriving on your doorstep as quickly as possible which is why we try our very best to process all orders on the day they are placed!
On the rare occasion that a product isn't in our physical store and we need to order it in from our supplier, it can take a couple of days for us to get your order in the post - we will always contact you right away to let you know of any delays.
We focus on keeping our product prices as low as possible rather than building shipping costs into the price and then offering "free" shipping on everything. These fees are not about making money but simply recouping the shipping costs particularly for larger items.
Additional charges may also apply to bulky orderthat measure outside the normal courier package parameters. Our friendly customer care team will contact you right away if this is the case.
Cookware makes returns easy by letting you return your purchase to us within 100 days for a full refund or exchange. All you have to do is get it back to us. Please note that for us to accept a return, the product just needs to be unopened, unused, undamaged and in the original packaging.
If your purchase doesn’t quite meet these requirements, we will contact you right away.